Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Revisiting (Part N)

"The Murk"

“Come with me, sinner, saint” said the Leader of Dusk,
“Follow fast to the Land of the Sun.
Where changes divide,
Patterns forming from light,
Where perception and life blend to one.”

I stood in the Murk, raising eyes to the sky,
A decision at hand to be made.
But the Land of the Sun
Is a place that you come
To dispatch all your worldly brigades.

“Don’t you see,” he explained with a grin ear to ear,
“Can you not see the chance you’ve received?
Call it one in a mil,
Such a prospect to fill,
Is it really so hard to believe?”

But was that the truth, as I thought to myself,
Staring viciously into his soul.
I debate his invite
Back and forth in my mind,
And I wonder what it could behold.

“My boy!” he declared, “my curious child,
I can see the interest in your eyes!
It is only mistake
Shall you fail to take
This opportunity at present time.

“Please, good sir,” I requested at once,
“Can you leave me, just once, to my thoughts?
What is easy for some,
For me it has come
With feelings of being distraught.

“Very well then, young man, you can take all your time,
You can ponder as long as you wish.
But to stay in the Murk,
Reject the Land of the Sun,
Is not something I’d want to live with.”

And so on that note, his final caveat,
The Leader of Dusk disappeared.
And I stood alone,
With the Murk as my home,
Left to wonder which life I should lead.

No comments: